Thursday, August 28, 2008

Joy of Being a Mom (Again)

Since becoming a mom, I’ve come to realize that there are so much more important things in life than ourselves and what we have going on. Being a mom also gives me the chance to relive things and appreciate things that I never took the time to appreciate.

My favorite part about being a mom is seeing little Megan grow and learn daily, amazed at every little thing, seeing her become her own individual and knowing that I’m responsible for teaching her about life and love. Sometimes I can just stare at her all day long in wonderment!

Since her 3rd week, she's been vomiting after every feeding and staying awake the whole night arching and crying almost every night. She's 4 months old now, though still has reflux but she's sleeping through the nights now waking only occasionally. But those were the countless sleepless and frustrating nights and I would never have surpass that stage without the support of my loving husband.

Being a mom has made me a more patient and loving person now. It's a true blessing to be a parent.